Official Craftland Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Craftland Forum

Craftland MC Server Founded by RedEyeX

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Red Stepping Down

Go down 
+3
Mapatti
DDSLoan96
Redeyex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Redeyex
Project Manager
Project Manager
Redeyex

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:12 pm

It is my duty to inform you all that I will no longer be affiliated with the NEW Craftland Project. I feel that I have done enough to practically erase the golden days we had when the server first started, and the constant reopening and closing really doesn't feel right. Although I wish you the best of luck with the server, however I will remain as an admin of this forum as you can't physically demote the creator of the forum.

The reasons for me doing this is that I feel that we have lost all public confidence in our server reputation and stability. What once was nearly spotless was ruined by none other than myself for neglecting the server after I had my little crisis during the summer. This gradually turned into a downwards spiral of trust which then formed another server.

I'm happy for the people who still support CL to this day and are willing to give up their personal time to ensure and attempt the rebirth and success of this server but it pains me to say that CL was, is and always will be a one man job. A developer knows himself more than any other person in the world. He reasons with himself as to which plugins fit and which ones don't. Two or more developers will often disagree, creating tension which eventually backfires upon the community.

On that note, my advice is if you ever want CL to be a success again, either let it go, or find an experienced developer and sufficient funds. Back in the good days, I had plenty of time to work on CL, and donations were coming in every week, this worked perfectly to create positive feedback:

Developer learning from experience ==> Good/Better Choice of Plugins and Marketing Techniques ==> More Donations ==> Better Server ==> More Players ==> Developer learning from experience and so on..

After neglecting the server, the overall play quality went down and donations were rarer than ever before, which caused the opposite of the negative feedback shown above.

So in conclusion:
- Get Stable Funds
- Get an Experienced Developer who is willing to interact with the community and experiment
- Think up Marketing Techniques/Advertising
- Get a VPS/Dedicated Server

If you do need my help at any point, just contact me via PM. For server development however, I cannot help you as I only work alone, sorry. Classic example: Cody vs Me (he went nuts in the mind)
Back to top Go down
https://craftland.forumotion.net
DDSLoan96

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Red FYI I've been working on a new forum with a new name for this exact same reason. If u want the link pm me I've chosen a name as well
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/DDSloan96
Mapatti

Mapatti

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Redeyex wrote:
It is my duty to inform you all that I will no longer be affiliated with the NEW Craftland Project. I feel that I have done enough to practically erase the golden days we had when the server first started, and the constant reopening and closing really doesn't feel right. Although I wish you the best of luck with the server, however I will remain as an admin of this forum as you can't physically demote the creator of the forum.

The reasons for me doing this is that I feel that we have lost all public confidence in our server reputation and stability. What once was nearly spotless was ruined by none other than myself for neglecting the server after I had my little crisis during the summer*. This gradually turned into a downwards spiral of trust which then formed another server.

CL was, is and always will be a one man job. A developer knows himself more than any other person in the world. He reasons with himself as to which plugins fit and which ones don't. Two or more developers will often disagree, creating tension which eventually backfires upon the community.

Developer learning from experience ==> Good/Better Choice of Plugins and Marketing Techniques ==> More Donations ==> Better Server ==> More Players ==> Developer learning from experience and so on..

*Classic example: Cody vs Me (he went nuts in the mind)
Conclusion: Ya ain't better than Cody
Back to top Go down
Defiled

Defiled

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Farewell   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Well, farewell Red.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hsreborn.net/index.php
Redeyex
Project Manager
Project Manager
Redeyex

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Alright then, I'm closing this forum in 2 days.
Back to top Go down
https://craftland.forumotion.net
KctheKnight
VIP++
VIP++
KctheKnight

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Darn   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:55 pm

The moment I get back and start playing minecraft the worst could be happening to craftland!
I am so confused through with all of the change of events, but as I have just read I completely
understand where Red is coming from. Very well I wish you luck carry Red.
Back to top Go down
http://Craftland.englishboard.net
DDSLoan96

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Red send out a newsletter with the new website...ill tell ipk and keep the site up till end of next week...ill put an annoncement out...new forum is craftopia.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
jm_samiley

jm_samiley

Location : Flying over mountains and singing In search of diamonds

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:39 am

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

-.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.-

My favorite server's forum is going down.Now me can no has
Minecraft.

DAMNITDAMNITDAMNIT.

I guess i'll backup my siggy before going on another server.
Back to top Go down
DDSLoan96

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:03 pm

jm_smiley New forum is up go to craftopia.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
Icelaunche

Icelaunche

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Mapatti wrote:

Conclusion: Ya ain't better than Cody

thanks sherlock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Stepping Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stepping Down   Red Stepping Down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Stepping Down
Page 1 of 1